In 1993, spotting the potential of the new professional employment markets in the former Warsaw pact countries, Tony Goodwin set up his own business and named the company Antal – Hungarian for ‘Anthony’. Since then Tony and his team have developed substantial businesses in some of the most challenging emerging markets across the globe, such as Russia, India and China, through a mix of wholly-owned operations, franchises and joint ventures. His impact on his chosen industry has been recognised through a series of major awards including Ernst & Young’s ‘Entrepreneur of the Year (Business Products and Services)’ and Recruiter magazine’s ‘Best International Recruitment Agency’.
Click to tweet: Tony Goodwin shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Tony’s favourite success quote is one from former US president Abraham Lincoln “Things may come to those that wait…but only the things left by those that hustle.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Tony admits to facing lots of adversity but remembers one of his biggest failures was in 2001 when the dot com bubble burst at at time when 55 to 60% of his business revenues came from the technology sector. Watch the video now to find out how Tony managed to get through the very difficult situation of having to cut 22 European offices to 12 and 423 staff to 117. He cites it as one of the most difficult periods of his life.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Tony still regularly feels ‘light bulb’ moments when, even when he’s being successful he thinks to himself, “That isn’t good enough, that isn’t enough.” And he pushes himself harder than anyone else could.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Tony thinks that there is going to be consolidation in the industry, where really well run and managed medium sized companies (between £3/4 – 4 million) consolidate into large entities through the roll up programs of some of the larger companies.
Best piece of business advice
- “How many interviews have you got?” said to him by Graham Palfery-Smith
Best business book
‘Behind the Beautiful Forevers‘ by Katherine Boo
Tony’s final piece of advice – ‘Come and join us’
- Antal International
- The EEC
- Chelsea FC and Jose Mourinho
- Nigel Frank
- Oliver James Associates
- Recruiter Magazine
Find out more about Tony via his LinkedIn profile and contact him via firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter at @tonygoodwin.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F4.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel