Russell Clements is the former CEO of SThree plc. He was their third employee in 1986 and led the Group’s IPO in 2005. He retired from SThree in December 2012 when the company had 2,200 staff in 64 offices. Russell has a degree in Government from the University of Essex, and is a graduate of the Advanced Management Program at the Wharton Business School University of Pennsylvania USA. He’s currently enjoying time as Chairman of Cube19 the thriving recruitment analytics start-up in London.
Click to tweet: Russell Clements shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Russell’s favourite success quote comes from an Italian Marxist called Antonio Gramsci, who when talking about revolution and the struggle for workers, said that revolutionaries should have a combination of pessimism of the intellect and optimism of the will. Russell thinks this translates well in regards to having the right mindset for business.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- One of Russell’s biggest failures in his recruitment career is when he had his own personal ‘Black Friday’ and three people that were due to start for him the following week, in three separate companies and in three entirely different situations all dropped out in one afternoon.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Russell still remember’s the ‘light-bulb’ moment of ‘getting recruitment’ as a recruitment consultant – when the penny dropped and he thought, “All right. Okay. That’s how you do it.”
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Russell thinks, despite all the dynamic changes going on and growth of job boards, that the recruitment industry and the current recruitment agency model as we know it will stay around.
Best piece of business advice
- “Know your market”
Best business resource
The recruitment analytics and gamification tool ‘Cube 19‘
Best business book
‘Barbarians At The Gate‘ by Bryan Burrough
Russell’s final piece of advice – ‘Ultimately, it’s about putting the work in. Nobody in my experience, who has been significantly successful in recruitment, is anything other than somebody who works bloody hard.’
Find out more about Russell and contact him via his LinkedIn profile.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F23.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
The name Deleso derives from the terms that encapsulate what we strive to deliver to the business owner “Delegated Solutions”, enabling recruitment owners and managers to focus their skills and efforts in areas they would get the most rewards, namely sales. Deleso supports clients by providing a tailor made service from outsourced Back Office functions right the way through to Director level advice and consultancy. By removing the burden of Back Office tasks and development from talented and motivated professionals we see that the resulting energy and focus transforms the performance of any recruitment business.
Go to www.deleso.co.uk/reclivelounge to find out more and start talking to them today
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel