10 years ago Dawn left a well-respected career within HR to pursue her passion for diversity and inclusion, and as a result she created Equal Approach as an inclusive recruitment agency, in order to remove barriers for candidates with difference.
Dawn specialises in diversity and inclusion, specifically in championing individuals with difference to maximise their potential.
Unfortunately, due to the internet connection whilst recording this interview, the video quality is not as good as it could be. However the interview content and inspiring story Dawn reveals, is just too good not to share . So please forgive the video quality, and don’t forget you can always download the MP3 audio version for free using the orange podcast player bar below.
Click to tweet: Dawn Milman-Hurst shares her incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Dawn’s favourite success quote is simply ‘Anything is possible’ which she tries to apply everyday to any challenge she encounters both personally and professionally.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Dawn’s feels her biggest failure in recruitment so far happened when she picked the wrong partner to work in the business in a very senior role and then ended up costing her a six-figure fee to get rid of them. Watch the video now to hear about the steps that led up to that mistake and what action Dawn took to find a solution.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Dawn’s lightbulb moment happened when she realised that she finally had the vehicle that could focus on what she saw as a huge pool of incredible talent that was being missed.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Dawns thinks that apart from the inevitable development in terms of technology and different practices, that the niche providers and the specialist providers will grow even more and that there will be opportunity for lots more collaboration within the sector.
Best piece of business advice
- “Be true to yourself. Be true to your ethics.”
Best business book
‘The Glass Closet‘ by Lord John Browne
Dawn’s final piece of advice – ‘Make it happen. Don’t let anybody tell you you can’t. Don’t stay doing something that you’re miserable doing. Do it for yourself.’
Find out more about Dawn via her LinkedIn profile or contact her via twitter using @dmilman-hurst[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F4.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Glover Daniels delivers fast and flexible recruitment research solutions to leading multinational companies and executive search consultancies around the world. They are able to deliver 1st class results on your executive search assignments in a fraction of the usual time – which can also save you money.
Go to www.gdresearch.com to find out more and start talking to them today.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel