Bob Kelly has over 30 years of information technology experience with significant expertise in enterprise systems and founded CareerPlanners Services in 1999 with a focus on recruiting and staff augmentation in emerging technologies. Bob also served in the United States Army, and as a result CPSI is certified by the U.S. Veterans Administration as a VOSB (Veteran Owned Small Business).
Click to tweet: Bob Kelly shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Bob’s favourite success quote is one from the great US hockey player Wayne Gretzky “You miss a 100% of the shots you never take.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Bob says one of the lessons he learnt the hard way early on in his recruiting career was focusing too much on one particular company or opportunity, and then when the day came and they decided not to use him, that feeling of being left with nothing.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Bob feels that his light-bulb moment goes hand in hand with his failure which was to not put all his eggs in one basket. He realised that he had to put together a plan and stay with his plan. Then to start building upon that plan and creating a business and an infrastructure that could support him on a day-to-day basis.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Bob thinks that being smaller will be an advantage. That being niche and having specalised knowledge and using fast moving social media is going to play a key part of being successful in the industry
Best piece of business advice
- “When you start this business, you need to start with a plan.”
Best business book
‘Street Smarts: An all-purpose tool kit for entrepreneurs‘ by Norm Brodsky and Bo Burlingham
Bob’s final piece of advice – ‘Stay focused and push yourself. Go beyond. Lick your wounds, get up and go. Obstacles are coming if they are not already staring at you in the face, just keep pushing through it, you’ll get there.’
Find out more about Bob via his website www.cpsi-tech.com and contact him via his email at email@example.com.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F1.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fvsf-39steps-lm%20″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel