Gary Dytor has been working within recruitment for nearly 10 years where he started as a Trainee Recruitment consultant at IT Works, but within 2 years started to develop new markets, grow teams and was finally promoted to Ops Director. Gary then moved to the US in May 2014 where he set up a new IT Works Recruitment Inc out there as their CEO and he has already developed to a team of 10 consultants and built a business in excess of $1.5 mil GP in their first full year.
Click to tweet: Gary Dytor shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Gary’s favourite success quote is quite simply “Be the best you can be.” A quote which he tries to live every day by, both professionally and personally.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Gary feels his biggest failure in recruitment came fairly early on in his career when he managed to get what should have been a great client with 40 requisitions but after weeks of hard work, long hours, endless candidate presentations, he only placed one candidate in 6 months. Watch the interview now to find out how Gary turned that situation into his ‘light-bulb’ recruitment eureka moment!
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Gary thinks that the industry is going to grow and that something ‘big’ similar to a dotcome type situation is just around the corner.
Best piece of business advice
- “Elevate yourself in everything you do. Elevate yourself above the competition. Know what you’re competitors are doing and be better than them.”
Best business resource
Best business book
‘Hyper Sales Growth‘ by Jack Daly
Gary’s final piece of advice – ‘Just don’t give up. It’s okay to fail, just don’t keep doing it. Learn from your mistakes. Keep on training.’
Glover Daniels delivers fast and flexible recruitment research solutions to leading multinational companies and executive search consultancies around the world. They are able to deliver 1st class results on your executive search assignments in a fraction of the usual time – which can also save you money.
Go to www.gdresearch.com to find out more and start talking to them today.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel