Angela Middleton founded Middleton Murray in 2002, after spending time in a variety of corporate management positions. The company evolved from a recruitment consultancy into a Group during 2008 to include some interesting divisions, but most importantly resulted in a training subsidiary.
Middleton Murray now provides a combination of government and commercially funding training and recruitment – working with the unemployed to place them into jobs and working with the employed to enhance their skills and careers.
Favourite success quote
- Angela’s favourite success quote is one that she has stuck on her kitchen wall to read every day – “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen”.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Angela found success early on in her career and it came very easily, so when trying to expand the top line of her business with some large temp contracts failed and caused her to lose money hand over fist for a couple of years, it came as a shock. Watch the full interview now to find out what lessons Angela learnt from that time in her business.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Angela’s lightbulb moment in recruitment came 9 years after she had set her business up when she attended a conference in London where Boris Johnson was talking about launching apprenticeships in the UK on a much wider scale than had been done before. Angela immediately saw how this would crystallise all the training work with young people that Middleton Murray had been doing for the previous few years and immediately went back to her office to implement her vision.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Angela feels that recruiters will need to do more than just provide talent for their clients, that they’ll also need to provide services such as training that develops and helps to retain that talent.
Best piece of business advice
- “Don’t relax. Things are always changing so stay competitive, stay knowledgeable and adapt!”
Best business resource
Best business book
‘Winners and How They Succeed’ by Alastair Campbell
Angela’s final piece of advice – ‘Running a business can be tough, it doesn’t come easy, so know there will always be issues to deal with, and deal with them calmly.’
Find out more about Angela via her LinkedIn profile and contact her via Twitter on @MiddletonMurray[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F4.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
One in three recruitment agencies have a database where only 10% of their candidates’ information is up-to-date. Firefish can help increase this to 65% in six months. Every recruiter’s nightmare is missing out on a placement when the perfect candidate was in their database already, but they didn’t know because the details was outdated! That’s why Firefish doesn’t just store candidate data; it’s an engagement engine designed to help recruiters achieve the maximum placements from that data. Firefish offer a predictive recruitment sales and marketing platform that helps recruitment agencies attract, engage and place more candidates with their clients.
Visit www.firefishsoftware.com/reclivelounge and start talking to them today
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel