Lee McQueen is the Managing Director of ‘Raw Talent Academy’ which he founded after growing frustrated by the lack of high calibre sales talent in the UK. Now Raw Talent Academy is fast becoming recognised as the number one provider of emerging sales talent providing talent for companies who are looking to grow and nurture their own leading sales teams. Lee has worked in recruitment for over 16 years and famously won Lord Alan Sugar’s ‘The Apprentice’ BBC series back in 2008.
Click to tweet: Lee McQueen shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Lee’s favourite success quote is taken from Winston Churchill and is one that he feels sums up what he does: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, but it is the courage to continue that counts.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Lee’s biggest failure in recruitment came very early on in his career when he took his first job in contract recruitment, but after hitting the phones hard for over 6 months – he still hadn’t made one placement! Watch the full interview now to find out what Lee took from that experience.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- It was when Lee and his wife were doing the ‘3 Peaks’ hiking challenge that Lee feels he had his big eureka moment. During a 4 hour trek Lee discussed how he missed recruitment and then started to formulate the whole business plan for Raw Talent Academy.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Lee thinks that ‘talent branding’ through effective channels and finding new and innovative ways of bringing new talent into the industry will play an important role in expanding and driving the industry forwards.
Best piece of business advice
- “Keep things simple. Understand what people want and give them what they need.” said to him by Sir Alan Sugar when they worked together on their business Amscreen.
The Raw Talent Academy ‘Digital Competency Platform’ that Lee has been developing within his business.
Best business book
‘Business Adventures‘ by John Brooks
Lee’s final piece of advice – ‘Get the balance between running your business and enjoying your home life. What is it all about after all?’
- Raw Talent Academy
- Harrow School
- 3 Peaks Challenge
- Jason Vale Juice Master
- ‘The 1 Minute Manager‘ by Ken Blanchard
- Sir Alan Sugar
- ‘The Apprentice’
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel