Nikki Taylor started her recruitment career in 2002 as a consultant and with her passion and determination remains excited about the challenges and rewards that the industry has to offer. Nikki started her business REJS with business partner Richard over six years ago on the Gold Coast of Australia and they now search talent exclusively for the Real Estate industry. Nikki’s passion and energy has changed the lives of many within real estate today and she is proud to now be the ‘go-to’ company for the top 10% in their market.
Click to tweet: Nikki Taylor shares her incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Nikki’s favourite success quote comes from Sir Richard Branson -’Screw it, just do it’ and she tries to live this quote in both her personal and professional outlook. Nikki believes people can ponder and over think things too much, rather than ‘just doing it’!
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- When Nikki and her business partner Richard sold their recruitment business in New Zealand and bought one on the Gold Coast of Australia, they didn’t use a broker for either the sale or the acquisition – and this is something that Nikki now thinks was a big mistake as it made things very difficult. She learnt from this mistake…but would advise anyone else to use a broker when buying or selling a business.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Nikki felt the ‘recruitment lightbulb’ go on for her 7 years ago when she ‘went niche’ and created her business REJS and focused on the property market.
Routine for success
- Nikki has a very powerful attitude to success and she puts a lot of this down to her positive attitude towards personal development. She sets aside three hours every morning for personal development which is non-negotiable time for herself. This means she can work later in the evening, knowing she has had time for herself already.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Nikki sees traditional methods working alongside new technology in our industry. She feels strongly that picking up the phone and building relationships is still incredibly valuable and looking back to training from Tony Byrne, she can see little change, except that we don’t write cheques!
Best piece of business advice
- Nikki worked with Julie Davis, who’s advice to, ‘Stay in your flow’ has been invaluable. Nikki recommends finding out your own personality profile so you can stand tall knowing who you are. Knowing yourself can help you to be able to understand other people.
Best business book
‘What I know for sure’ by
Nikki’s final piece of advice – “Find someone who motivates you. Spend time developing yourself, and when you have outgrown your mentor get another one!”
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel