Darren Ryemill, CEO of Opus Professional Services Group founded Opus Recruitment Solutions in 2008 but has since grown the initial unique offering into a fast expanding Group which now includes Opus Information Technology, Opus Engineering, Baltimore Consulting Group, McLean Ross, Hinton Spencer, JDR Energy, Addocura and Talentcubed. Having been recognised with multiple awards for his leading and innovative approach, including “Best Leader” from The Sunday Times, Recruiter magazine’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” and “Entrepreneur of the Year” from Recruitment International – Darren is revolutionising the recruitment industry.
Click to tweet: Darren Ryemill shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Darren’s favourite success quote is ‘It’s hard to soar like an eagle when you are flying with pigeons.’ which he loves as he strongly believes that it’s really important to surround yourself with the best people if you want a successful business.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Darren feels that everyone who has built a successful business in the recruitment industry has built it on failure – because the majority of what you do in recruitment leads to an unsuccessful outcome, and when you can embrace that – is when the success can come.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Darren’s lightbulb moment happened very early on in his recruiting career when making a call to an in-house recruiter. It was during this call he feels he ‘got the point of recruitment’. Realising that recruiting is creating solutions to people’s problems – their headaches! It was at this point he recognised the whole concept of only dealing with the top 10-20% of clients and candidates and the importance of being niche.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Darren believes the rise of social media will continue and he also thinks that the new ways of finding, screening and hiring staff will grow via platforms such as ‘TalentCubed’ which Darren is involved in. TalentCubed is a gamification of the recruitment industry whereby people are given the opportunity to do career simulation games. The idea being that people can go on, play a game (career simulation) and see if they are interested in the company or this type of work. The company can also screen candidates and see how suitable they are.
Best piece of business advice
- “Whatever you’re going to do, fail quick. If you are going to fail, fail quick. Just get on with something and do it quickly.” which he heard the founder of Wikipedia say at a conference Darren attended.
Best business resource
- Darren believes that company culture is everything in a business, and can be its greatest resource. If the culture is right you can get round stuff. Making what you do fun feeds into the culture.
Best business book
‘Screw it, let’s do it’ by Richard Branson
Darren’s final piece of advice – ‘Just be the best you can be. You get one go at life. Whatever it is you want to do just bloody do it because it all ends way to quick. Whether that’s recruitment or not recruitment, whether that’s anything, anything. Just do it. Get on with it and enjoy it and do it with a smile on your face.’
- Opus Recruitment Solutions
- Talent Cubed
- Michael Jordan
- Tony McCoy
- Christiano Ronaldo
- Deutsche Bank
- Kanye West
Find out more about Darren via his LinkedIn profile or contact him via Twitter at @darren_ryemill.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F23.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
One in three recruitment agencies have a database where only 10% of their candidates’ information is up-to-date. Firefish can help increase this to 65% in six months. Every recruiter’s nightmare is missing out on a placement when the perfect candidate was in their database already, but they didn’t know because the details was outdated! That’s why Firefish doesn’t just store candidate data; it’s an engagement engine designed to help recruiters achieve the maximum placements from that data. Firefish offer a predictive recruitment sales and marketing platform that helps recruitment agencies attract, engage and place more candidates with their clients.
Visit www.firefishsoftware.com/reclivelounge and start talking to them today
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel