Jack Parsons started his career as a sales apprentice 5 years ago after leaving school. He then moved into recruitment in the education sector for Morgan Hunt and quickly went on to win best new comer out of approximately 250 recruitment consultants and continued to win awards throughout his time there. After a short spell in healthcare recruitment, Jack made the move to business owner and created Recruitment Jack – a social platform hosting the latest jobs, industry news and company insight in one simple to use career feed, providing candidates with all they need to land their perfect job.
Click to tweet: Jack Parsons shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Jack’s favourite success quote is a simple one that he strives to live his life by – “Work smarter, not harder.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Jack feels that his worst failure of his career so far is when he left Morgan Hunt and learnt that the ‘grass isn’t always greener on the other side’. He now advises to ‘stay put’ for a little longer to really reap the benefits of all your hard work.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Jack’s light-bulb moment came when working at Morgan Hunt and he started a brand new desk for them in secondary education. They now have 22 staff working that sector. Jack realised that if he could start a desk, with no clients, no candidates and no database – then he could start a business!
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Jack thinks technology is going to continue to be the biggest thing to have an effect on our industry.
Best piece of business advice
- “Cash is key” told to Jack by Dean Kelly
Best business book
‘The Intelligent Entrepreneur’ by Bill Murphy
Jack’s final piece of advice – ‘Don’t listen to the people who are just waiting for you to fail. Listen and learn to those who have your back. Never give up and get a mentor!’
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel