Chris is the Owner and Director of FlexiRec and an active recruiter with over eight years experience placing rising stars and top talent with some of the UKs biggest and best loved companies including Fujitsu, Hilton Worldwide and SANYO. Three years ago Chris founded FlexiRec as a specialist agency across three divisions; Commercial Office Staff, Sales Professionals, and more recently Technical Experts. Chris has big plans for the FlexiRec brand and is with us today to share his journey so far!
Click to tweet: Chris Young shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Chris’s favourite success quote is one that he uses every day when planning – “Do what makes your money first.”
Biggest recruitment failure
- Chris feels his biggest failure in recruitment happened when he ended a five year relationship with his mentor and at the same time set up his own business Flexirec. He never realised the first six months would be so hard and almost quit the whole thing. Watch the video now to find out how Chris turned things around and what lessons he learned.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Chris’s lightbulb moment came to him once he found it within himself to reach out. Realising it is OK to ask for help, to share a problem or ask questions to other business owners.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Chris thinks that figuring out what ‘makes you different’ to all the internal recruiters and other recruiters out there who have the same tools as you when finding candidates will be really important. Chris strongly believes that it will be the ‘core skills’ of a recruiter that will remain vital, not a new piece of technology.
Best piece of business advice
- “Immerse yourself! Immerse yourself in the industry, in your competitors, in the history and the future. Whatever you do – be an expert!”
Best business resource
The Flexirec Corporate Responsibility Programme whereby Chris can give back to the community and the industry in the way of sponsorship and involvement in projects, and which in turn gives Chris a fantastic reason to pick up the phone and talk to clients about something positive.
Best business book
‘Losing my virginity‘ by Richard Branson
Chris’ final piece of advice – “Listen, take influence from others, and get a mentor!”
The name Deleso derives from the terms that encapsulate what we strive to deliver to the business owner “Delegated Solutions”, enabling recruitment owners and managers to focus their skills and efforts in areas they would get the most rewards, namely sales. Deleso supports clients by providing a tailor made service from outsourced Back Office functions right the way through to Director level advice and consultancy. By removing the burden of Back Office tasks and development from talented and motivated professionals we see that the resulting energy and focus transforms the performance of any recruitment business.
Go to www.deleso.co.uk/reclivelounge to find out more and start talking to them today
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel