Andrew Hairs is the Group Managing Director of the Monroe Consulting Group and is based out in Jakarta overseeing the offices in Jakarta, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Santiago and Mexico City.
Andrew has over 15 years recruitment experience starting as a consultant, and then moving onto executive search and working for a company where he was responsible for signing up high volume accounts.
The experience Andrew gained doing volume recruitment is why Monroe Consulting Group asked him to be their MD at a new office in Tokyo. After 10 months he was asked to take on a 6 month assignment in Indonesia to start another office for the group – that was 10 years ago! Monroe Indonesia is now one of the most recognized and successful executive recruitment brands in Indonesia.
Click to tweet: Andrew Hairs shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Andrew’s favourite success quote is “I wanted to create a happy working environment, so I sacked everyone who wasn’t happy.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Andrew feels his biggest failure happened when he took his first ever MD position for Monroe Consulting (then a privately owned company) in a country he’d never been in before – Japan. Due to a number of reasons the situation arose in whereby he had to contact a large number of people he had contracted to work for a client, and tell them they no longer had a job to start next week. Watch the interview now for the full details.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Andrew’s eureka moment took place within the first 6-8 weeks of arriving in Indonesia when he realised that his western management style was not going to work with his new Indonesian team and he had to rapidly change how to lead.
The crystal ball
- Andrew believes that at the top end of recruitment, it will be all about building relationships with your clients and candidates and it being a very personable service. For entry and mid-level recruitment Andrew thinks that we will see technology taking over.
Best piece of business advice
- “Take time to think!”
Andrew’s final piece of advice for new recruiters – ‘Find a company that is going to invest in you and pay them back by staying with them for a while – spend time there gaining knowledge and developing your career.’
Find out more about Andrew on LinkedIn and contact him via email – firstname.lastname@example.org[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F23.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel