Glyn Blaize had a promising rugby career ahead of him in the late 90’s playing for Wasps, England Students U21s and Rugby Lions but his rugby career was cut short by a horrific sporting injury which saw him in hospital for six weeks. However this was the catalyst for Glyn to pursue a new career. He entered the recruitment industry in 1999 and went on to hold Commercial Director, Sales Director and Operation Director positions at fast growing SME recruitment business and now has over twelve years’ experience improving operational efficiency and sales strategy in Recruitment businesses. Earlier this year Glyn set up Addocura with Darren Ryemill (of Opus fame) and together they are building what they believe will be the ‘go-to’ Management Consultancy for the Recruitment Industry.
Click to tweet: Glyn Blaize shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Glyn’s favourite success quote is one taken from the renowned American motivational speaker Zig Ziglar “‘You can have anything you want in life, as long as you help as many people as you can get what they want in life.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Glyn feels he really learnt a valuable lesson back in 2007 when he put blood, sweat and tears into building a business up that was on it’s knees. When it got to the point of turning over millions and he asked where his shares were – he realised his partners in the business weren’t as honourable as he thought. Watch the interview now for full details.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Earlier this year Glyn set up a business consultancy ‘Addocura’ with Darren Ryemill following a series of eureka moments Glyn experienced with his work in business transformation – specifically that most businesses simply have a different configurations of the same problems. Watch the full interview now to find out more about Glyn’s eureka solutions.
The crystal ball
- Glyn believes that over the next five years the advancement of people understanding how humans work, as well as understanding how technology can be used, will mean that we will potentially see crowdsourcing platforms for work skills, along with more CRM apps.
Best piece of business advice
- Glyn worked with Rene Carayol as his mentor for a while and one piece of advice Rene gave him still sticks with him today – “A lot of what I talk to you about, I’m going to talk you in stories because you’ll forget a lot of the ideas, you’ll forget a lot of the other models that I will teach you but you will not forget the stories that I will teach you.”
Best business book – ‘Integrity‘ by Doctor Henry Cloud
Glyn’s final piece of advice for new recruiters – “Rather than getting stuck in your own business, step outside of it for a while and reflect.”
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel