Alice founded Hanson Search in 2002 and has since gained a reputation as one of the leading search professionals in senior appointments across strategic communications, developing an incredible network of contacts, as well as becoming a fellow of the REC.
Alice remains a prolific recruiter and is actively involved in every search assignment above £150K utilising her extensive knowledge and contacts in the industry which span the media, consultancy and in-house. She has recently been preparing to launch The Work Crowd, an online platform that will provide direct access to the best freelancers in marketing services globally.
Click to tweet: Alice Weightman shares her incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Alice’s favourite success quote that her father told her as a child growing up in the North East of England is ‘shy bairns get nowt’ which translates as ‘shy children get nothing’. Alice finds this quote helps her push forward and go that extra mile.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- One particular lesson Alice learnt whilst setting up Hanson Search is about the types of people out there, and the types of companies – that she doesn’t want to be working with, which led her to realising about the responsibility recruiters have dealing with people’s lives.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Alice’s lightbulb moment happened when she realised that the best marketing spend is actually through reputation and through clients and candidates talking about the great work that you do.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Alice thinks that we will continue to see in-house recruitment growing and that agencies will need to look at how they can add value and offer specialised consultancy.
Best piece of business advice
- “Learn how to specialise and headhunt’ from Roy Ripper from one of Alice’s first recruitment training sessions where she asked ‘How do I become the best recruiter?’
Evernote – Alice is using Evernote in her business to type notes into that link directly up to meetings and her database.
Best business book
‘The Art of Action’ by Stephen Bungay
Alice’s final piece of advice – ‘Whatever you’re looking to do, you should really push and excel at that. Just put in the time, hard work, hours and commitment and you really will get the results you are looking for.’
Find out more about Alice via her LinkedIn profile and contact her at email@example.com.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F3.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fmastery” new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Glover Daniels delivers fast and flexible recruitment research solutions to leading multinational companies and executive search consultancies around the world. They are able to deliver 1st class results on your executive search assignments in a fraction of the usual time – which can also save you money.
Go to www.gdresearch.com to find out more and start talking to them today.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel