Abigail’s career started in marketing but after 8 years she ‘fell into recruitment’ with Pertemps and ASA International. Abigail maintained a constant top biller status at ASA and to her knowledge, still holds the record of highest ever biller! When she was asked if she would like to be part of a management buyout, Abigail realised she did not want to take on someone else’s company and that she wanted to start her own. So in 2000, with a vision of Improving Lives, Abigail created Think Global Recruitment which is now recognised as one of the leading international, accountancy and finance recruitment consultancies.
Click to tweet: Abigail Stevens shares her incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- One of Abigail’s favourite success quotes is, ‘If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got!’
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Abigail feels her biggest challenge was when she first started up her own business. In her own words, she admits she was ‘naive’ and underestimated how long it would take to build up. Those early days included lots of over spending and under budgeting.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Abigail’s eureka moment was incredibly early in her career, day 4 in the office! She had been using a script when making calls previously, but suddenly found herself without it and had to wing it on her own. As the call went on she found she relaxed and began to build a rapport with the client, she began asking questions and offering solutions. Abigail realised that by using her own words she made the call her own and could engage with the client a lot more. The call ended extremely successfully and Abigail realised the importance of doing things your own way.
The crystal ball
- Abigail can see other businesses needing to do as Think GR, which is to take the approach of international recruitment.
Best piece of business advice
- “Be honest with your approach, don’t put money first, if you deliver a great service to them, understanding what they want and improve their life, then you will get the bigger gains as a result.”
Best business book
Abigail’s final piece of advice – ‘Whenever you make a decision, think about all the stakeholders involved, it might be candidates, their family, clients, your own family, team or yourself – make sure it improves everyones life, and that is going to get you the longer term gain.’
Find out more about Abigail on LinkedIn and contact her via email – email@example.com[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F3.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fmastery” new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel