Daniel Mundy is the CEO of anzuk* Teachers a recruitment agency focusing on teaching and childcare placements across Australia, the UK and Asia. At university in Ballarat, Australia, Daniel completed studies as a Physical Education Teacher and then moved to the UK for three and a half years to teach PE to Health and Special Educational Needs students. Upon making the decision to head home to start a new life Daniel says he was lucky enough to fall into Education Recruitment and when spotting a gap in the market for sourcing and placing teachers between the UK and Australia he created anzuk*. Daniel is passionate about creating a workplace culture that promotes team, trust, respect and fun – it’s become the fabric of who he is and how he leads anzuk*.
Click to tweet: Daniel Mundy shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Daniel favourite success quote is, ‘You get what you deserve.’ Daniel is a big believer in karma and treating people properly with integrity and respect.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- A massive learning curve for Daniel was when they were taking on a private equity firm in his UK office. He was not as involved as he should have been and realises now that he was not thorough enough when reading the contracts and did not ask enough questions at the beginning. Becoming mesmerized with the success of the private equity company he didn’t see that they were not a good fit for anzuk*.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Daniel’s business ‘eureka’ moment was when they decided to create their own solution to an on going problem they had with the software they were using. They decided to create their own bespoke data software, which encompasses everything they need to run their business.
The crystal ball
- Daniel can see that marketing is going to continue to move forward, companies using social media for marketing and engaging with the audience. Daniel is very passionate about the future of specific data science and analysis, companies having software that can source more unique talent.
Best piece of business advice
- A great piece of advice from Tony Robbins, “People will forget what you say to them, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
Best business book – ‘Compound Effect‘ by Darren Hardy.
Daniel’s final piece of advice for new recruiters – “Just work hard, and commit to helping your people grow.”
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel