Christine Tautari is Co-founder and Director of The Needle, a candidate video interview platform, and they are based on the Isle of Man in the UK. Christine is originally from New Zealand where she started her career in sales and marketing. When she came over to the UK in 2005 she got involved in recruitment which she immediately fell in love with and started a 10 year career in the interim recruitment market. Four years ago she decided to start up her own business and launched The Needle with a partner.
Click to tweet: Christine Tautari shares her incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Christine’s favourite quote is from Albert Einstein, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Like many of us, Christine feels that she has had many challenges over the years. There is one in particular that she has learnt from, and that she refers to as a ‘nice failure’, as it all worked out well in the end for everyone involved. The lesson she learnt, was not to hold anyone back.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Christine thinks that technology is going to pay a big part in the future, more companies will be using smart sourcing solutions and data sifting technology to engage with people before they begin to look for a new position.
Best piece of business advice
- “Never give up, and always look at challenges as opportunities, it is never over in the recruitment industry, there is always a way to turn it around.”
Best business resource
- Christine firmly believes in face-to-face networking to be the best and most valuable interaction.
Best business book
‘Zero to One‘ by Blake Masters and Peter Thiel
Christine’s final piece of advice – “Make sure you are true to yourself and you are doing the best you can do. Make sure you add quality to everything you do and don’t compromise on that, the results will be worth it.”
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel