Toby Thwaites has 20 years’ experience in the Recruitment Industry and started ‘Purple’ over 15 years ago. During that time he’s been responsible for Purple becoming one of the most successful brands in the sector winning many accolades and even a personal win for “Recruitment Boss Of The Year” at the Marketing and Advertising Recruitment Awards. Toby has a keen eye for business opportunities and is always open to finding new and innovative ways of working and pushing the boundaries which extends to him being invited to speak at many events within the digital and creative sectors.
Favourite success quote
- Toby’s favourite success quote is, ‘Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.’
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Toby’s biggest failure was when he got sacked from his first job in recruitment after only 3 months! Watch the interview now to find out what he learnt from that experience.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Toby’s business ‘eureka’ moment was when he found his ‘niche’ and therefore felt he knew exactly what he was doing as he knew his product and he knew who is clients were.
The crystal ball
- Toby thinks that over the next five years technology will continue to disrupt what we do as recruiters and that the increase in internal teams will continue. He believes that to thrive over the next five years, being niche and specialist will be vital.
Best piece of business advice
- “If you’re going to succeed in business you’re going to have to be better than the competition or do something differently.” said to Toby by his Dad many years ago.
Best business resource
- Using the ‘deep web’ and developing boolean skills – therefore finding candidates that other recruiters can’t.
Best business book – ‘The E-Myth Revisited‘ by Michael Gerber
Toby’s final piece of advice – “Keep believing and have courage in your convictions, but don’t be afraid to adapt.”
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel