Kai Murray is the former MD of ‘Search Consultancy’ who managed their period of massive growth and who now is passing on her 25+ years of expert recruitment and business experience through business coaching and consultancy. Kai spent 11 years at Search, employed originally in 1996 as Associate Director Edinburgh and within two years became the MD for Scotland. In 2002 she did a BI MBO growing the business from £40M to £120M on exit and on leaving Search had over 600 employees and offices in 13 cities. Kai raises lots of money for charity and is a Board Member for the Princess Trust for Carers – she has personally raised over £150k for them.
Favourite success quote
- Kai was given the advice “Surround yourself with talented people” in the early days of her career and it is something she has followed in all of her businesses. “Once you have these people around you, you need to look after them, – if you look after your team they will look after you.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Kai feels the biggest challenge she has faced in her recruitment career so far, was when after returning from a holiday one of her Directors informed her of his departure. He then followed that with the news that he was also taking nine member of his team as well! Watch the interview now to find out how Kai came through this challenging time and continued to grow this part of her business.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Kai remembers the point when she realised things needed to change, and she started to work ON the business, rather than IN it, which then enabled her to move forward to the next step.
Best piece of business advice
- “Be yourself – because everyone else is taken!”
Best business resource
- The most successful business’s that Kai is working with, are the ones where the managers and leaders in that business are making the complex, simple.
Best business book – ‘Black Box Thinking‘ by Matthew Syed
Kai’s final piece of advice – “Invest in your future, don’t invest in today. What would you be doing today if you were already the business you wanted to be – and start doing that today!”
Find out more about Kai on LinkedIn and contact her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel