Ben Scobie-Trumper has worked in the recruitment industry for over ten years, a career which started by winning rookie of the year in his first full year for one of the largest IT recruitment agencies in the UK, and then going on to work in multiple sectors including construction, pharma and gaming. Ben set up Audentia Recruitment two and a half years ago which serves the e-gaming space both on-line and off-line and he’s now at the stage where he’s ready to put his ambitious growth plans into action.
Favourite success quote
- Ben’s favourite success quote is, “A ship in harbour is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.” Ben believes that it is this quote that helped him make the step to Audentia.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Audentia isn’t Ben’s first attempt at setting-up and running a recruitment business. After the quick and easy success in the early years in his career, he thought ‘I can do this on my own’ and after a lot of invested money and just four months later he realised it wasn’t the case. Watch the interview now to find out all the details and what Ben did next.
The eureka moment
- Ben feels he has had two ‘light bulb’ moments in his career. The first being the moment he recognised that recruitment is ‘a process’ and once followed and applied correctly it will always lead you to success, and the second was when he realised he was ready to take the next step and set up Audentia.
The Crystal ball
- Ben believes that ‘niche’ will be key for recruitment businesses in the next five years and that the larger generalist agencies will survive by buying up organically grown niche businesses to be specialist departments within their large organisation.
Best piece of business advice
- “50% of the job is turning up!”
Ben’s final piece of advice – “Just go for it! You’re not going to lose out by trying something new, you’re only going to learn new things.”
Find out more about Ben on LinkedIn and contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel