Amit Somaiya, CEO at IMS People based in India has over 16 years extensive recruitment experience in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and North America, working with both agencies and corporates, and therefore has a unique perspective on recruitment, global migration and outsourcing. He travels extensively in both developed countries and developing countries to understand the trends and influences of the recruitment industry. Amit’s known within IMS for his hands-on approach in delivering commercial projects and for his vision to achieve global recognition for continuous innovation.
Favourite success quote
- Very early on one of Amit’s professors said to him, “Do not mistake that the destination is your final resting point, and do not consider the journey to be a small feat or achievement.” At the time he did not take this fully onboard, but he has remembered it and now he understands it and passes it on to his team.
The eureka moment
- Whilst researching software products in the UK and talking to recruitment companies, Amit discovered that the ‘missing thing’ that the recruitment companies needed, was in fact good recruiters. Recruiters that were ready and trained. This is when Amit realised the need for an offshore recruitment service.
The Crystal ball
- Amit has an incredible insight into how the recruitment industry is working differently all over the world and developing in many different ways. Watch the interview now to hear what Amit has to say.
Best piece of business advice
- “Your instructions remain inline only in conversations. So you need to ensure you recreate those conversations over again, to ensure they are delivered.”
Best business resource
- Amit has found the Livescribe Pen to be a useful tool . This device, allows you to record conversations while in meetings, it also has a camera on the tip which means as you write or draw on the specialised paper it transfers to your computer. Amit really likes the ability to revisit meetings and notes having everything logged and easy to understand and recall.
Best business book – ‘3 Laws of Performance‘ by Steve Zaffron and Dave Logan
Amit’s final piece of advice – “Believe in yourself. If you’ve got a great idea and you’re applying yourself to your business don’t stop believing in yourself. ”
Find out more about Amit on LinkedIn and contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel