Tony Chapman started his recruitment career in 2007 as a Trainee Consultant at a boutique agency in London, initially specialising in infrastructure technology before specialising further into the Linux and Open Source space, quickly becoming the company’s highest producer. A brief stint setting up a division at one of James Caan’s brands then led him to branch out on his own setting up LinuxRecruit. LinuxRecruit are now widely seen as a market leading and pioneering agency within the Open Source and DevOps industries and have successfully built whole engineering teams for the likes of ITV, Net-A-Porter, Ticketmaster and dozens of other companies including many Tech City start-ups. The company was shortlisted for newcomer Agency of the Year in the 2014 Recruiter Awards.
Favourite success quote: video time stamp 4.46 minutes
- “I succeed because I fail” by Michael Jordan
Biggest failure faced in recruitment: video time stamp 8.25 minutes
- Tony feels his failures within Linux have all been based around hiring and recruiting the wrong people for the Linux team, especially so-called ‘experienced’ recruiters. Watch now to find out more!
The eureka moment: video time stamp 12.34 minutes
- Tony’s a-ha moment happened when he was working in infrastructure recruitment, and he thought to focus just on Linux, to see what effect just focusing on one specialist niche would have. Watch now to find out how it worked out for him!
Best piece of business advice received: video time stamp 30.18 minutes
- “Don’t be an employee of your own business” said to Tony by Roy Ripper
RESOURCES AND LINKS
Best business resource: video time stamp 31.39 minutes
Best business book: video time stamp 33.26 minutes
- ‘Winning‘ by Clive Woodward
Tony’s final piece of advice – “Work hard and stay humble. Humility and being nice to people goes a long way.”
Find out more about Tony on LinkedIn and contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel