Abigail started her 18 year recruitment career in Houston Texas at the age of 22 and when returning to the UK in 2003 she continued in the industry. It was whilst working in an Internal Recruiters role she that she created what is now Openingz.com with an emphasis on providing a quality service to the video conferencing and visual solutions industry, and in July 2015 Abigail began running Openingz independently from her home based in Thatcham, Berkshire. It’s been a strong start and her model is based around a true partnership approach called Focuz which is proving to be very effective and which Abigail talks more about in her interview.
Favourite success quote: video time stamp 5.05 minutes
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet keep looking, don’t settle” by Steve Jobs
Biggest failure faced in recruitment: video time stamp 13.50 minutes
- Two big things have happen in Abigail’s recruitment career she has learnt from. In 2009, after the global crash, she had her first ever month of zero billing and the time when she had to let down a client she wanted to impress when the candidate got a better offer! Watch now to find what she took away from her experiences
The eureka moment: video time stamp 16.55 minutes
- From the very beginning Abigail has known recruitment was for her but when she was given the chance to run her own business last year is when everything feel into place. She knew she had the passion and ability to do it and took the plunge.
An unorthodox piece of advice: video time stamp 24.43 minutes
- “The power nap is your friend”
Best piece of business advice received: video time stamp 36.48 minutes
- “Be consistent with what you are doing” AND she was told at a very young age: “You create your own luck.”
RESOURCES AND LINKS
Best business resource: video time stamp 37.44 minutes
- Women in AV Empowering women to feel recognized, respected, productive and important to the AV industry.
Abigail’s final piece of advice – “Make sure you are loving what you do. If you’re not it’s time to sit down and have a think about what you are good at and where you want to go.”
Get in touch with Abigail via Twitter or email at AbigailB@Openingz.com
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel