Kevin Green has been the Chief Executive of the REC, the professional body for the UK’s 28.7 billion private recruitment and staffing industry since June 2008. Before starting at the REC, Kevin worked for the Royal Mail where he was part of the leadership team which transformed the business from losing £1 million a day in 2003 to making over £600 million profit in 2007.
During Kevin’s tenure at the REC it’s been recognised for its excellence in service provision and campaigns, winning over nine trade association and member awards as well Kevin personally winning the trade association leadership award.
Click to tweet: Kevin Green shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Kevin’s favourite success quote is ‘The harder I work the more luck I seem to have’ originally quoted by Thomas Jefferson, early US President.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Kevin’s worst moment of failure hit him when he was trying to push through a huge activity of assessment and change that had taken a year of planning at Royal Mail and 25% through the operational managers revolted and abandoned it, leaving Kevin with a significant and visible difficulty.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Kevin’s light-bulb moment came when he realised that the REC needed to put in place a compulsory test which demonstrated competence and compliance for all its members, which has meant he feels the REC is really raising the bar in terms of setting the standards for the recruitment industry.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Kevin thinks the industry in the UK will see growth of over 25% and will become a £33 billion industry!
Best piece of business advice
- “Be yourself. Be authentic. Don’t pretend to be somebody you’re not.”
Twitter – Kevin’s a massive fan of Twitter because it helps him engage with lots of different people very, very quickly.
Best business book
‘Lunchmeat & Life Lessons’ by Mary B. Lucas
Kevin’s final piece of advice – ‘Develop your staff, develop your capability. Have some clarity about where you’re trying to get. Think about how you differentiate yourself. Then really talk up the industry, that benefits your organisation and the whole industry as one’.
Find out more about Kevin via his LinkedIn Profile and contact him on Twitter @KevinGreenREC.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F23.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
The name Deleso derives from the terms that encapsulate what we strive to deliver to the business owner “Delegated Solutions”, enabling recruitment owners and managers to focus their skills and efforts in areas they would get the most rewards, namely sales. Deleso supports clients by providing a tailor made service from outsourced Back Office functions right the way through to Director level advice and consultancy. By removing the burden of Back Office tasks and development from talented and motivated professionals we see that the resulting energy and focus transforms the performance of any recruitment business.
Go to www.deleso.co.uk/reclivelounge to find out more and start talking to them today
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel