David Lawrence has worked in the recruitment industry since 2000 and is still as passionate about recruitment as the first day he started. As the Managing Director, he’s responsible for the strategic plan for growth for Vine Resources growing to 40 people over the next 3 years to support their clients in the global telecommunications market providing executive level recruitment, contingent workforce and permanent hires.
Click to tweet: David Lawrence shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- David’s favourite success quote is ‘The path to success is to take massive determined action’ from American transformation coach Tony Robbins.
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- David feels the biggest failures he’s experienced in his recruitment business have been around hiring the wrong people into his business. Watch the video now to find out the lessons David’s learnt and how he put things right.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- David’s light-bulb moment came when he saw a failing in his business in how they were building long-term relationships with clients and candidates and he realised what he needed to do to change it and create the structure going forwards for his business.
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years David sees an increase in onsite hiring teams appearing along with an increase in niche agencies in our industry.
Best piece of business advice received
- “Focus on the end goal.”
Cloud based solutions such as ‘LinkedIn Connected‘ on his iPhone.
Best business book
‘MONEY Master the Game: Seven Steps to Financial Freedom ’ by Tony Robbins
David’s final piece of advice – ‘You can either walk into your office and give it 100%, or you can give it 80%. I’m telling you, if you give it 80%, you’ve just wasted 20% of your life, because no one is going to give it to you back. If you want to do it, give it your all.’
The name Deleso derives from the terms that encapsulate what we strive to deliver to the business owner “Delegated Solutions”, enabling recruitment owners and managers to focus their skills and efforts in areas they would get the most rewards, namely sales. Deleso supports clients by providing a tailor made service from outsourced Back Office functions right the way through to Director level advice and consultancy. By removing the burden of Back Office tasks and development from talented and motivated professionals we see that the resulting energy and focus transforms the performance of any recruitment business.
Go to www.deleso.co.uk/reclivelounge to find out more and start talking to them today
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel