Dan, CEO and Founder of cube19, started his recruitment career at just 18 when he joined Computer Futures back in 1999, and it only took him until 2008 to sell his own business Broadbean Technology to the Daily Mail Group and General Trust. Since then Dan’s an active investor, predominantly in recruitment tech start-ups as well as heading up ‘cube19’ a recruitment analytics and gamification business that turns CRM data into actionable insights.
Click to tweet: Dan McGuire shares his incredible journey on Recruiters Live Lounge today!
Favourite success quote
- Dan’s favourite success quote that he strives to live his life by is a popular Tony Robbins one – “Success is doing what you want, where you want, with who you want, as much as you want.”
Biggest failure faced in recruitment
- Dan worst moment of failure hit him when three of his biggest customers all went bust at the same time and he felt that everything he had been working for was over. Watch the interview now to find out how he turned that adversity into his biggest opportunity.
Recruitment ‘eureka’ moment
- Dan’s light-bulb moment came when working on his business Broadbean Technology and he realised that if he just strived to build a really great product and went out of his way to provide a really, really great service with it, and got those two aspects right, that he’d be on the right road, and people would pay for it!
The crystal ball
- Over the next five years Dan thinks we’re going to see a lot more automation in recruitment and data analytics driving business decisions.
Best piece of business advice
- “Keep it simple and watch the cash’ from Mike Southon’s ‘Beermat Entrepreneur’ the first business book Dan ever read.
Best business book
‘Behind the Cloud’ by Mark Bennehoff (the founder of Salesforce)
Dan’s final piece of advice – ‘Do something you love!’
Find out more about Dan on LinkedIn and contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0208 326 1215.[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recruiterslivelounge.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2F4.jpg” width=”1200″ link_url=”http%3A%2F%2Fwww.royripper.com%2Fthe-vault2″ new_window=”Y” align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
Easypay process your weekly payroll, invoice your clients, monitor and manage your sales ledger, collect payments from clients, manage your credit and 100% invoice fund for an immediate cash injection back into your business – covering not only your temporary payroll but also your weekly margin, allowing you to focus on growing your business and closing those deals. All your temporary workers will be paid in full on time every week. Using Easypay means your payroll is not dependent on debtor payments – as with invoice financing and our costs are variable based on your turnover.
Go to www.easypayservices.co.uk/reclivelounge or quote Recruiters Live Lounge when you speak to them to receive one month free fees when you sign-up.
In need of some FREE resources?
1) Click here to download Roy’s free eBook ’39 Must-read Books to Ignite You and Your Recruitment Business’
2) Click here to watch Roy’s free 3-part video series for recruitment business owners
3) Click here to watch free recruitment training videos on Roy’s YouTube channel